General Motors may have given up on the Pontiac brand, but Edelbrock continues to roll out great new products for all those classic Ponchos still on the street. Their latest innovation is the new series of performance aluminum cylinder heads for 1965-79 389-455 cid engines. Unlike current Edelbrock RPM heads that feature Ram Air IV exhaust ports, these new Performers are designed with the distinctive D-shaped ports. These new heads accept factory exhaust manifolds and readily available aftermarket headers. Performer D-Port heads are fully assembled with valves and springs and are offered in two fully CNC ported combustion chamber sizes, 87cc and 72cc. Bare castings are also available in the same finished combustion chamber sizes or with an as-cast 65cc chamber for those customers looking to create their own custom chamber design. The CNC shaped combustion chambers utilize all of the latest developments in cylinder head design that Edelbrock has gleaned from over 70 years of manufacturing aftermarket performance parts, including a spark plug location closer to the exhaust valve and dual quench areas to provide hotter and more complete combustion on every stroke. Oil return passages have also been reworked to improve lubrication, cooling and drain back. Like all Edelbrock components, the Pontiac heads are made in the USA. Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads are cast at the Edelbrock Aluminum foundry in San Jacinto, CA and are hand assembled in their Torrance, CA headquarters. They carry a one year warranty against any manufacturer defects and are sold bare or complete with valves, springs and guides pre-installed. Installation is the same as factory cylinder heads, making this an easy bolt-on upgrade with results you will feel on every pull.
- Fully CNC ported combustion chamber (72cc & 87cc)
- Optional bare casting with 65cc combustion chambers for custom sizing or 350 cid engines (notching of the bores required for valve clearance).
- D-port exhaust flange compatible with stock exhaust manifolds and off-the-shelf headers
- Compatible with stock components, just bolt-on & go!
- 5/8" thick deck for extreme durability
- Made in the USA
- Applications are available with 65cc combustion chambers #61539 (bare); with 72cc CNC'd combustion chambers #61589 (bare), #61599 (completely assembled); or with 87cc CNC'd combustion chambers #61569 (bare) and #61579 (completely assembled).